Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Helmet Recieved

I finally received my helmet yesterday! It's a great kit from SGB and looks fantastic. The attention to detail of the facial region is phenomenal. At first glance, I think this would look like an easy helmet to tackle, but the eyes and face really have some proportions, that if ignored, would not turn out well. Thanks SGB!

Bad news is that is has some bad cracks, some of which are all the way through. My plan at the moment is to seal the cracks with 1 part fiberglass resin and 1 part bondo.

This crack is all the way through the helmet and bothers me the most:
These aren't so bad and I plan on bondo'ing over them:

1 comment:

  1. WOW! The post office sucks so bad that is ridiculous! In order to get breaks like that that box would have had to been crushed by something really heavy.Ill replace it.Sorry

    ReplyDelete